Wednesday, April 16, 2008

lost wallet, new floor


The new floors are in!!! Travis (plus Tyler and John) busted butt tearing out the carpet, laying new underflooring, and then putting down the lovely new poly-urethaned plywood throughout the hallway, living room, and kitchen.  I love it. Trav put a final coat of poly on it yesterday around lunch time, and this afternoon we get to move all our stuff back in. I can't wait to see what it looks like with all our furniture back in place, but I'm most excited for no more vaccuuming of nasty, dog dirtied carpet. No matter how careful we are, or how often I shampooed and vaccuumed it, the (relatively) new carpet in the living room turned more and more grey-brown before my eyes. And now, with an ankle-biter on the way, it just made me sick to think of all the dirt, dandruff, and biological diversity lurking in the sponge of our living room floor. But no more! I can't thank Travis enough, though I know he's perhaps more excited about the new floor than I am. Whew, so great.

In other news, I lost my wallet. Actually, I know exactly where I left it, but it's no longer in the exxon bathroom in Russellville. With some thanks to the "helpful" clerk behind the counter during my attempt to retrieve it yesterday, I am now free of my ties to big brother- no more credit cards, legal identification, insurance, or 
roadside assistance. I'm a free woman! At least until the new owner of all that stuff buys a plane ticket
to Aruba and files a fraudulent insurance claim.

No comments: